Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Copyright

In the afternoon, I attended a great Copyright Session by Michael Aragon. He gave us some great information that I found helpful.

After spending so much time today in the Blogosphere, I came up with an interesting question this afternoon in the copyright class. Are blogs copyritten? How about podcasts? It looks like this area is a little hazy right now (the copyright police haven’t caught up with technology yet!) I found a great podcast copyright article that made me think - thanks to College Broadcast – interesting reading

Of course, you can’t play movies in your classroom as a reinforcer unless it is combined with face to face instruction. (play 10 minutes, pause and discuss how it relates to curriculum) However, remember you can purchase a license for showing that movie (with some restrictions).

For the best results, ask permission to use the material. A great place to start to find out how to do this is from the Copyright Management Center. Check out this site for

Until next time…pg

PS… I keep looking at creative commons- here is a cool cartoon that explains it! Comic for creative commons

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home